Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Orzo dish, Family Favorite


Tonight we are having a new favorite tonight. A coworker made this and posted it to Facebook and I had to get the recipe from her. It's so simple and quick to make. Huge Plus!! 
I call it Orzo dish. The one my coworker made was with sausage, orzo and peas. It was my first time trying orzo, heard of it but never tasted it. Well it's a new favorite now. In fact the whole family went back for thirds! Happy mama!!

Orzo
Sausage 
Peas (1 can, drained)
Chicken Broth

First you start with your orzo. I thought orzo was rice but no it's actually pasta...I Love pasta!! 
Bring water and chicken broth to a boil. Then add orzo and cook til tender. 
Then brown up your sausage in a skillet. Cook sausage til browned and no longer pink. 

When orzo is done, drain all but a 1/4cup liquid. Add to skillet and then add saved liquid if needed to sausage and orzo. Then add the peas and heat through. Serve and Enjoy!! 

I served veggies on the side

Yum!

Of course you can change this dish up as you like. I may add diced ham, chicken, or even hamburger meat. 








No comments:

Post a Comment